Tourist/ visitor (USA)

Raptor Visa & Permits

Apply B2 Visa/ US Tourist Visa

U S Tourist Visitor Visa - B2 Visa

A U.S. tourist visa, also known as a non-immigrant visa, is divided into two categories: The B1 visa for business purposes and the B2 visa for tourism and pleasure. If you plan to visit the United States for tourism or business activities, obtaining a tourist visa is essential. Here is an overview of how to apply for a U.S. tourist visa and the requirements involved.

Our experienced team provides a comprehensive guide to help applicants navigate the visa application process smoothly. From assisting with the completion of necessary forms to preparing supporting documents, Raptor Visa ensures applicants are well-prepared for their visa interviews. With our in-depth knowledge of U.S. visa requirements and procedures, Raptor Visa maximizes the chances of a successful visa outcome. Whether for tourism or business purposes, Raptor Visa is a reliable partner for obtaining U.S. visas in Bangalore.

Determine the type of visa: If your visit is primarily for tourism and pleasure, the B2 visa is appropriate. If you intend to engage in business-related activities such as attending conferences or meetings, negotiating contracts, or participating in training programs, the B1 visa is more suitable. In some cases, a combination B1/B2 visa might be necessary if you plan to engage in both activities.

How to Apply US Tourist/Visitor Visa(B2 Visa)

Complete the online application (DS-160): Visit the U.S. Department of State's website and fill out the DS-160 form. This application collects your personal information, travel details, and purpose of the trip. Be sure to answer all questions accurately and truthfully.

Pay the application fee: The next step is to pay the non-refundable visa application fee, which varies depending on the visa type and country of application. The fee can be paid online through the designated payment portal.

Schedule an appointment: Once the fee is paid, schedule an appointment at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. The appointment can be scheduled through the embassy's website or by contacting the embassy directly.

Documents Required : Prepare the necessary supporting documents to bring to your visa interview. These typically include:

Valid passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.

Photograph: Submit a recent passport-sized photograph as per the specifications provided on the embassy's website.

DS-160 confirmation page: Print the confirmation page after completing the DS-160 form.

Proof of ties to our home country: Show evidence of strong ties to your home country, such as employment, property, family, or financial assets. This helps demonstrate your intention to return after your visit.

Travel itinerary: Provide an itinerary detailing your planned activities and accommodations in the United States.

Financial documents: Show proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in the U.S.

Invitation letter (if applicable): If you are visiting friends or relatives, they can provide an invitation letter stating the purpose of your visit and their relationship to you.

Attend the visa interview: On the day of your appointment, arrive at the embassy or consulate with all the required documents. The consular officer will interview you to assess your eligibility for the tourist visa. Answer all questions honestly and confidently, providing clear and concise information.

Visa processing and issuance: After the interview, the consular officer will decide whether to approve or deny your visa application. If approved, your passport will be stamped with the U.S. tourist visa. The processing time for visa issuance varies and is subject to administrative processing.

It's important to note that the requirements and procedures may vary slightly depending on the specific U.S. embassy or consulate in our country. It is advisable to visit their official website or contact them directly for detailed instructions and up-to-date information.

Download the various forms for USA


Do Indian citizens need a visa to visit the US for tourism purposes?

Yes, Indian citizens require a tourist visa (B-2 visa) to travel to the US for tourism, vacation, or visiting friends and family.

How do I apply for a US tourist visa?

You need to complete the DS-160 online application, pay the visa fee, schedule an appointment at a US consulate, and attend an interview.

What documents do I need for the visa interview?

You'll need your passport, DS-160 confirmation page, visa appointment confirmation, recent passport-size photo, evidence of ties to your home country, and any supporting documents.

What type of questions can I expect in the visa interview?

You might be asked about your travel purpose, itinerary, financial ability to support the trip, ties to your home country, previous travel history, and more.

How long does the visa processing take?

Processing times vary but typically range from a few days to several weeks. It's recommended to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.

Is there an age limit for applying for a US tourist visa?

No, there's no specific age limit. Anyone, including children, can apply for a US tourist visa.

What's the duration of stay allowed on a US tourist visa?

The US tourist visa typically allows a stay of up to 6 months per visit, but the immigration officer at the port of entry determines the exact duration.

Can I extend my stay beyond the initial 6 months?

Extension requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and should be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Can I work or study on a US tourist visa?

No, a US tourist visa doesn't permit you to work or study. It's strictly for tourism, leisure, or visiting purposes.

Can I apply for a US tourist visa if I have previously been denied?

Yes, you can reapply, but it's important to address the reasons for your previous denial and provide additional documentation to strengthen your case.